Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Weekends

I have posed a question to myself. Why are weekends different from the rest of the week when it comes to eating and exercising? It seems that I do really well Monday-Friday and then wham mo Saturday hits and the rules go out the window. I never really thought about until this weekend when on Sunday I realized I had not exercised at all and I was on my third piece of pizza, and second bread stick.
I have thought about that question all day yesterday (5-11-09) and most of today. The only answer that I can come up with is that the weekends are my relaxation time. It is a time when I do not have to worry about being up at the crack of dawn, going to work, and then coming home to start after hour activities with friends and family. It is my time to do the fun things; which does not include in my mind counting calories and exercising. I need to realize that making a lifestyle change of losing weight and keeping it off means being disciplined not only through the week, but also on the weekends. So on that note I resolve to do better this weekend coming up and every weekend after that. It is an all or nothing commitment; and I have decided I want the all.

No comments:

Post a Comment