Friday, June 5, 2009

Week One on the Fit For Success Challenge

Chopped VegetablesImage by Prato9x via Flickr

I started this blog with the idea that "Success Is A Choice." When I saw the Fit For Success Challenge in the last issue of Success Magazine I knew it was a good plan and it was something I could do. Shawn Phillips is the Brother of Body for Life author Bill Philips. The last time I did Body for Life I lost 40 pounds and felt better than I had ever felt in my life. The problem was that I did not know what to do when the 12 weeks were over so I burnt myself out working as hard as I could for over 8 months. What Shawn has done is take the Body for Life and put some down time into it to prepare for the next push. I know it sounds simple but I am not a fitness guru so I did not think those guys ever rested.

This first week has been a challenge but I know what my goals are so I have planned a strategy to succeed. I am learning to eat 5 small meals every day instead of three large ones. I am eating about 1500-1800 calories every day that is down from 2500-3500 every day. I am hungry but not in a extreme way I am eating a lot of food but it is more fruit, vegetables, and meat than bread, pasta, and rice. I have upped my water intake but before this week I drank 4-5 Coke Zero's everyday. So I have replaced Coke with water. No I have not stopped drinking caffeine I use water additives with caffeine in them so I cheat that way.

Take the time this week to think about how you can succeed. Whether it is spending time with your kids or beginning an exercise program succeed in your way.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment