Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting Started On The Road To Healthy Living

As my husband mentioned in the first post we as individuals and as a couple have struggled for years to lose weight and keep it off. I believe that we either together or separately have tried a lot of the "die"ts out there. I put die in quotations because that is what a lot of them made me feel like I wanted to do. Restriction is not me or my husbands best friend. We for the most part love to eat food. There are so many different choices of food out there that is hard to tell ourselves that we can't have it. So we came up with a plan. Here it goes.

First is to not restrict the verity of food we eat just the amount that we eat. Counting calories is in my opinion a safe and effect way to lose weight. We have both picked a target weight to reach and time limits to reach that weight. We have figured out the amount of calories we need to maintain on a daily basis to reach that goal.

Second is to increase the amount of fruits, vegetables, and water we ingest; and to decrease the amount of fast food and sweets. This does not mean we can't have those things we just have to adjust for the amount of calories in order to have it.

Lastly is to increase our exercise and stop being coach potatoes. I know that I realized how out of shape I was when I started helping coach my kids in soccer. It was a wake up call that if I want to continue to do this I need to get in shape.

I know that it is not going to be easy; but I feel and my husband feels that it is important so that we can be around a long time for our kids and to be able to participate in their activities for a long time. I feel that this blog is important to keep us accountable in our successes and failures. I hope to post at least twice a week and more often as we really get going with this challenge in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment